Actionscript 3 to haXe!
So after a couple of months of study, I finally put together my first Haskell project, as3tohaxe, an Actionscript 3 to haXe converter. And now it’s up on github for everyone. The code is a mess because I’m still green with Haskell (and haXe!). It’s just a start, but I hope to continually improve the translator as I work on my haXe projects.
Here’s what it can do so far:
- converts basic types int to Int
- cleans up the package braces
- renames the constructor to new or main
- converts default arguments
- moves member variable initializers into the constructor
- converts access control attributes (e.g. protected to public)
- and more eventually
Parsing expressions is on the todo list.